Experienced Manassas, Virginia Criminal Defense Attorney Protects Your Rights
Serving Prince William County clients for more than 25 years
An arrest can turn your world upside down. Suddenly your future is in doubt and your freedom is in jeopardy, and you wonder if you can ever get your shattered life back together. This is the time to call The Law Office of Christopher P. James, PLLC. I draw on nearly 30 years of legal experience and more than 5,500 cases to provide an aggressive defense. The burden is on the authorities to prove the case against you beyond a reasonable doubt, and I challenge them on every possible point. I have had success in getting charges dropped and reduced, and winning acquittals at trial. Even when the facts have been against my clients, I have often achieved favorable outcomes by obtaining more lenient sentences or probation. Although no attorney can guarantee results, I can point to decades of success in criminal cases and vow to do my utmost in your defense.
Reputable defense lawyer works tirelessly for positive results
Choosing the right lawyer to represent you is the most important step you can take after an arrest. When you choose The Law Office of Christopher P. James, you get a seasoned defense attorney who is:
- Dedicated — My dedication shows most in the personal attention I give to each client and every detail of a case. I began my career as an investigator, and that training taught me to dig deeply to uncover any small fact that could determine a case.
- Experienced — I have managed more than 5,500 legal cases throughout my career, so you can have confidence in my knowledge of the law and my skills in the courtroom.
- Hardworking — I have earned a reputation for tenacity in the pursuit of positive outcomes for my clients.
I hope that when you retain my services, you get immediate peace of mind by knowing I’m determined to protect your rights and fight for your liberty.
Determined representation for a wide range of civil and criminal offenses in Virginia
My criminal defense practice extends to all Northern Virginia General District Courts, Circuit Courts, and Juvenile Courts. I accept all types of challenging cases, including:
- Traffic violations — I handle any type of offense that involves an automobile, from reckless driving to vehicular homicide. Whether you are trying to avoid points on your license from a moving violation or facing severe consequences from a reckless driving accident, you get my utmost attention and determined effort.
- DUI/DWI — A single DUI/DWI conviction can be expensive, humiliating, and burdensome, as you try to go about your life without a license. But subsequent DUI charges carry even greater penalties. I help you fight drunk driving charges with an aggressive defense that challenges each element of the case against you.
- Drug crimes — I represent Virginians charged with possession, trafficking, and other drug crimes and have had success in placing clients in treatment programs rather than incarceration.
- Misdemeanors — Virginia has four classes of misdemeanors. The least serious of these do not draw jail time, but fines can reach as high as $500. Class 1 misdemeanors are the most serious, with a maximum sentence of 12 months in jail, a fine of up to $2,500, or both.
- Felonies — The Commonwealth of Virginia has six classes of felonies. Penalties for Class 5 and Class 6 crimes start at a maximum of 12 months in jail. The most serious felonies are Class 1, punishable by life in prison or the death penalty.
When the stakes are high, you need highly professional representation. I fight tenaciously throughout the process to deliver the best possible results. I also help clients clear their records through the expungement process, so they can move forward with a clean slate.
Contact a dedicated criminal defense lawyer in Manassas, VA
The Law Office of Christopher P. James, PLLC is ready to help immediately upon your arrest. I am reachable 24/7 by phone at 703-646-6502 or online. My office is conveniently located at 9329 Battle Street in Manassas, one block from Church Street and less than a quarter mile from the Prince William General District Court. I can also visit you at home or in jail.