Dedicated Criminal Defense Attorney Serving Manassas
Vast experience with misdemeanor and felony cases in Virginia
If you’ve been arrested, you want a defense attorney you can trust — an experienced professional who knows not only the law and legal procedure but also how to fight for your rights. You also want someone who will be honest with you and provide a candid opinion of your situation so you can make a fully informed decision about how you’d like to proceed. And, if the facts are against you, you want a reputable lawyer who can negotiate from a principled position to get the best outcome possible. This is the type of representation you get when you choose The Law Office of Christopher P. James, PLLC, no matter what charges you face.
A determined advocate for your rights in Prince William County
In the legal profession, there is no substitute for experience. For more than 25 years, I have fought for people facing criminal charges throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. I am ready to protect your rights in a wide range of cases, from traffic offenses to common misdemeanors and serious felonies:
- DUI/DWI — I handle first-time and repeat DUI/DWI offenses. I offer defenses that challenge field tests and blood alcohol content (BAC) results, and police procedures related to traffic stops and arrests. I also help clients obtain restricted licenses after a DUI conviction.
- Drug crimes — Most often I defend clients charged with marijuana possession, but I also have experience representing defendants on Schedule I and II violations as well as cases of prescription opioid possession and sale.
- Theft crimes — These cases range from shoplifting to grand theft auto and armed robbery. Penalties for theft crimes are generally based on the value of the allegedly stolen item and whether violence was an element of the crime.
- Assault crimes — I have extensive experience with domestic violence cases as well as assault and battery arising from intoxication and road rage.
- Juvenile law — If your child has had a run-in with the law, you can rely on me to represent him or her as I would my own son or daughter.
- Traffic violations and felonies involving autos — I defend all types of charges involving motor vehicles, from speeding tickets to hit-and-run accidents, driving on a suspended license, and even vehicular homicide.
- Parole and probation — A technical violation of parole or probation can result in jail time. I represent defendants accused of violating the terms of their release.
- Expungements — An arrest record can make it hard for you to move on with your life. I help clients expunge records so their arrests are sealed and they can legally state they have not been arrested when applying for a job or a loan.
Hiring the right attorney to defend you is the most important decision you can make after an arrest. Make sure you choose a lawyer with a record of success in cases like yours who is prepared to fight for your rights.
Contact a seasoned criminal defense lawyer in Manassas, VA
If you are arrested in the vicinity of Manassas, The Law Office of Christopher P. James, PLLC is ready to offer immediate help. I am accessible 24/7 by phone at 703-646-6502 or online. My office is conveniently located at 9329 Battle Street in Manassas, one block from Church Street and less than a quarter mile from the Prince William General District Court. I can also visit you at your home or in jail.